The blog has moved to http://jessehouse.com/ ... Many google searches point here so I am leaving it operational, but there will be no new posts.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

ActionView::TemplateError uninitialized constant

ActionView::TemplateError (uninitialized constant ActionView::Base::CompiledTemplates::Literals) on line #10 of ...

I just made a silly mistake which was generating this error; I have a Literals class in my Ruby on Rails application that has some strings stored as constants, everything was working great until I put this code on a server (Linux) didn't have any issues on the mac or windows machines before deploying

turned out to be so simple...
I originally named the file Literals.rb which defined the class Literals

the fix: rename Literals.rb to literals.rb

- doh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this hint. I named a class KursTeilnahme (capital T) and got the same error. For Kursteilnahme everything is okay.